Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Digital nation

Well to start off, I thought the video was very interesting and I wonder what way I will go with my paper. I liked the idea of arguing between computer gaming and using computers in educational ways. There is plenty to talk about when it comes to teaching young 2nd graders about computers and introducing them to multitasking at such a young age. Knowing now that multi tasking is dumbing down college students, what will it do to our youth? Will we be starting them off at a disadvantage or will be teaching them how to do it fluidly and more effectively than college students of today.
The way that I will most likely go with my paper though is going to be violence in video and computer gaming. I personally don't care for extreme violence in video gaming that our youth play, but when it comes to a military aspect of it, it is very much needed to train and prepare soldiers (and marines) for the horrors of war that they may be exposed to in the field of combat.
Then again I do like the idea of researching the addiction that is online gaming. There seems to be a lot of new research and unknown, when it comes to this area of the new social media world. I like this assignment and wish I had more time to research and develop a good paper on it.  

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to email these to me as well as posting on your blog. Otherwise, I may know to give you credit.

    ReplyDelete