Friday, April 12, 2013

Journel 7

I truly enjoyed this video about education in America. It was one that puts a knot in your throat at the end and makes you think about your own education and what the future holds for your children. I have heard and noticed that our schools are getting worse hear in America, but I never really looked that deep into it. I have thought about were my son will go to school one day but more than his actual  education I have worried more about his safety. Waiting for Superman really put a different perspective on education and gave me a better way to look at and decide were my kids will attend school. This has been a big deciding factor in where me and my family will buy a home and settle down at for the long haul. The one big thing I did draw from the movie was that the teachers unions seem to be a big problem in our education system. A big part of my essay will probably be in the researching of unions and the good and bad that they cause and do. Its always been my understanding that unions were created for the right reasons but in time have become the death of many organizations or company's in the end. So if this is true, then our education system is in a lot of trouble. Also it made me think and wonder, what path was I put on when I was in school? Also if so many presidents have wanted to change, fix and reform education, then why has no one followed the numbers and changed the system that has been around for 30 years. It truly makes you wonder what is going on behind close doors to cause this system to be ignored and allowed to continue to fail. No one has to see this video to have noticed that our education system is failing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment